|The location for HETL’s ‘Exploring Spaces' conference depicting part of the university campus at the University of Central Florida, Orlando|
- To gain a better understanding of space (physical and virtual) and how this meets the learning and research needs of our learners (staff and students)
- To investigate whether teaching can be supported with our learning centre resources
- To investigate whether there is a difference between a learning centre and a library and if so, how this impacts on the learning experience.
The Conference Experience
UWN Newport City Centre - The Learning Centre including an information point, some of the IT study spaces and (towards the back) a social space.
- the design of a bespoke ‘Learning Ground and Sandbox’ at ‘Portland State University’
- non-linear approaches to teaching students information literacy / fluency from ‘To The Point Research/Google, Inc’, and
- managing media technology and services (both on-demand borrowing and service support) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- how to support research in higher education (whether through faculty or a dedicated graduate research centre);
- bridging the digital divide and avoiding disintermediation (both for users and front-line staff), and
- the growing role of marketing and use of social media.